MASTER CLASSES FOR ITMI ALUMNI
Current Alumni Master Classes
Business Coaching & Marketing
20-week Business Coaching & Marketing Series with Professional Coach, Doug Quakenbush
Transforming Student Travel
Online complimentary webinar in partnership with Faye Brenner & SYTA
Upcoming Master Classes
Master Class - Increasing Your Bottom Line
Maximize tips, earn better reviews, go from ordinary to extraordinary as a tour leader & guide
Dates & Description Coming Soon...
Transforming the Student Travel Experience
with Faye Brenner, ITMI Alumni & SYTA (The Student & Youth Travel Association)
As effective educators, we are facilitators of learning in the classroom. Likewise, as group or program leaders on a tour, we also need to help our students make connections, think critically, and reflect on their own thinking.
In this complimentary webinar in partnership with SYTA and ITMI Alumni, Faye Brenner, the author of Transforming Student Travel: A Resource Guide for Educators, shared how you can help your students develop a host of valuable learning skills through travel.
Faye, a student tour guide and former educator, showed how to:
- Explore how educational travel not only introduces students to new landscapes, but also how it encourages young people to be more inquisitive, open-minded, reflective, and principled, and to take risks
- Share popular student destinations to demonstrate questioning techniques and activities that foster critical thinking on the road
- Show ways you can create a student-centered, inquiry-based experience on a student tour by working together with the tour operator and professional tour director
- Educators who are already traveling with students and those who want to get started with student travel are invited to this recorded webinars. Administrators will also benefit from this exploration of the educational values of student travel.
About the Presenter
Faye Brenner is the author of Transforming Student Travel: A Resource Guide for Educators. She is a professional tour director and student tour guide and serves on the advisory board of the International Association of Tour Directors and Guides. As an educator, Faye taught Theater, Speech, English and Theory of Knowledge in the International Baccalaureate program before taking on the role as IB Coordinator and, finally, serving as the Advanced Academic Specialist in Fairfax County Public Schools. She is also a trainer for student tour directors and student tour operators. Learn more about Faye’s work with educators to enhance student travel here.
Join the Teach & Travel community to network with educators, participate in online discussions, receive invitations to upcoming webinars, view past webinars, take a quiz to receive a CE certificate for a past webinar, and access free resources.
SYTA is the non-profit, professional trade association that promotes student & youth travel and seeks to foster integrity and professionalism among student and youth travel service providers. SYTA is “The Voice of Student and Youth Travel.®"
Business Coaching & Marketing Series
Careers worth having come from businesses worth owning
ITMI has partnered with The Business Compass, a mastery coaching firm, to deliver a series of 20 on-line episodes designed to help our alumni with business ownership issues that keep you from having the Tour Director career of your dreams.
Each of the 20 weekly videos is designed to get you thinking like a business owner. These “art of business” lessons will challenge you to take a different view of yourself and the service you offer for packaging yourself as a valuable asset in the travel industry.
Highlights from the 20-week Class
- What You Think is Who You Are - Thinking like a business owner
- Helping Them Know Who You Are - It’s all about your personal brand
- Resume’ as Competitive Advantage - What you add and what you do
- Relationship-building is a Contact Sport - Making it easy to find you
- Be ProActive – In All You Do - Top-of-Mind or Out-of-Mind
- Your Reputation is Your Brand - It’s what they think that counts
- Business Writing Skills; Not for Granny - Writing Skills: you’ve got it backwards
- Marketing: Investment or Overhead? - Playing “Red Light, Green Light”
- Tips on Getting Better - To Be a Leader: practice, practice, practice
- Where to go from here - What’s awaiting you, and Why
This Program was Created Exclusively for ITMI Alumni
While ITMI supports this program, the entire content, payments, registration and participation will be through The Business Compass. Your investment in this program will be for 20-weeks. Each week will include a 10-minute video along with about 30-60 minutes of homework that reinforces each episode. That is a commitment of about 1-hour each week. If you choose, you can submit your homework, by email, to The Business Compass where it will be reviewed and any added comments sent back to you.
Each weekly video will be released to registrants only on a specific day and be available to you when you’re ready. If you fall behind, past videos will be made available to you.
About Doug Quakenbush & The Business Compass
Doug is a world-class mastery business coach and revenue consultant who will guide you through the process. Many of you have met Doug at the Annual ITMI Symposiums or in survey conversations. They have created a 20-week experiential program designed specifically for the ITMI Alumni. Utilizing 10-minute videos with weekly assignments, Doug will lead you through thought-provoking discovery of challenges & illustrations designed to teach you to think like a business owner in peer-to-peer relationships in your professional world. ITMI & Symposium have prepared you as a tour director & guide. The Mastery Coaching Series will guide you through the business side for greater success.