2017 SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION is now open!
More Symposium Info
Symposium 2016 Thoughts
"I'm a 2003 Alumni, attended first and only Symposium in 2004. I wish I had been returning for other Symposiums and can see why so many alumni return again and again. 2016 Symposium was very helpful and a lot of fun, contacts made were invaluable." Judith Randall, 2003 Alumni
"What a great experience!! Thank you for the opportunity to participate in Symposium and for introducing me to so many wonderful Tour Director candidates!" Jacque Moran, Tauck
"ITMI is the knowledge center of the touring world!" Michael Cassavant, 2015 Alumni
"Completing ITMI is not just graduating but inheriting one big family." J Cagle, 2014 Alumni
"The location is always a big draw for us to attend. Initially, sometimes the destination seems an unusual location to host but it shows that it is not just the destination that matters but what we can learn from and experience within that destination; local sightseeing, the level of service venues are willing to provide and the ability to experience first hand what can be done in the surrounding area is critical. I feel the destinations ITMI has offered have been outstanding. I’m in awe of the pull ITMI has to gain buy-in from destinations and their ability to always feature interesting sites and excellent properties." Emma Pitre, Destination America
"After being away for many years and coming back into the tour industry I felt so welcomed back. I learned so much and made so many friends! It's the best thing I could have done! I'm definitely coming back every year! " Ceptembre Anthony, 1996 Alumni
REGISTRATION IS OPEN...COME ROCK WITH US!
The 30th Annual ITMI Symposium is coming to Little Rock, Arkansas
We’re thrilled to invite all of you—the most respected Tour Operators, ITMI-Certified Tour Directors and Guides, Meeting & Event Planners, DMCs, Incentive Companies, Cruise Lines, Suppliers, and DMOs in the industry to this valuable, one-of-a-kind, educational networking event!
Little Rock is unlike any Symposium location we’ve visited in the event’s amazing 30-year history. Its unique blend of history, culture, philanthropy, activities, and culinary delights make it a perfect place for tour professionals to dialogue about the most important issues facing the travel industry today. Check out the FAM tours!
For just a glimmer of what we have in store for you, ITMI’s 5-day Symposium includes industry-leading speakers & interactive panels, Marketplace roundtable job interviews, entertaining keynote speakers, hosted luncheons, a sponsored wine & food celebration closing party, and complimentary pre/post sightseeing FAM tours of this dazzling city.
What’s included in Symposium?
Meals & Events
- Full American Breakfast Daily (DoubleTree Hotel Guests Only)
- 3 Luncheons hosted by ITMI
- Exclusive Welcome Reception for Tour Operators
- Exclusive Tour Operator Dinner
- Opening Night with Networking, Wine & Food
- Closing Night Themed Event with Wine & Food
Education, Professional Development & Networking
- Industry Leading Speakers and Panel Discussions
- Dedicated Sessions & Regional Networking for Tour Directors
- Dedicated Sessions & Networking for Tour Operators
- Optional Face-to-Face Round Table Interviews
- Tax Deductible for Alumni (Ask your Tax Professional)
Pre & Post Familiarization Tours & Admissions Complimentary
- Little Rock Sightseeing featuring Central High the epicenter of the Little Rock Nine, Clinton Presidential Library and Heifer International (Tour A & E)
- Arkansas Wine Country featuring Post Familie Vineyards, Chateau Aux Arc and Historic Downtown Conway (Tour B & F)
- Hot Springs, the oldest park in the National Park System, Arlington Hotel, Al Capone Haunts and Oaklawn Horse Racing (Tour C & G)
- Crystal Bridges American Art Museum located over 120 acres of Ozark Forest immersing visitors in History and the Natural Environment (Tour D & H)